Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
BorisK1
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,025Gear list
Like?
Re: Could you clarify, please
In reply to Jefftan, Mar 29, 2013

Jefftan wrote:

BorisK1 wrote:

Would you mind clarifying:  Did you set the resolution to 3MP in non-HDR modes yourself, or did the camera change to 3MP as you selected HDR, and then remained at 3MP even when you left the HDR mode?  Or did you shoot all the samples as HDR?

Thank you!

Boris

I first test shot the camera at 12 MP.  Than I tried HDR and handheld starlight in scene mode which has only 3MP

Than I switch to aperture mode and P mode.  Base on my memory I haven't change any settings but any subsequent pics become 3MP

Later I try the magic mode with "sparkle" filter which I manually change from 3 MP to 12 MP so subsequent pics are OK

My understanding right now is that if after using HDR and handheld starlight in scene mode you have to manually change back to 12MP in P mode or A mode

If that's how it works, it's an unusually dumb decision (or more likely, oversight) on part of UI designers.

BorisK1's gear list:BorisK1's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-1 iHS Olympus E-3 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
skeys MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow