Warning. Honest.

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Truman Prevatt
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,859Gear list
Like?
Re: Warning. Honest.
In reply to Steve Bingham, Mar 29, 2013

Time machine on my Mac takes care of most backup.  It has saved my butt many times when I modify some processing S/W I am developing just to have to go back to the day before since I hosed it up.

On my Macbook pro I have a Thunderbolt raid. It is hot swappable and that's where I store all my non-OS and applications code I'm developing and photographs. The nice thing about the Thunderbolt raid is they can be daisy chained. When my iMac dies or I donate it to my wife, I'm going to hook up a Thunderbolt monitor to the Macbook pro and use that as my main processor.

Along with back up you also really need to develop an effective method of documenting what is in your archival storage so if you want something - you will know where to go get it.

Backup is essential. With a raid you have two copies.  For long term archival storage - either install a archival system or use a service.

-- hide signature --

Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Truman Prevatt's gear list:Truman Prevatt's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow