Sony Zeiss 24mm - What is so special?

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
GaryW
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,775Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony Zeiss 24mm - What is so special?
In reply to blue_skies, Mar 29, 2013

blue_skies wrote:  ...

I have traveled with the Nex-7 with both Sigmas, as well as the Nex-7 with the kit 1855 lens and the E24Z. These were just private snaps - nothing for publishing, etc. Guess what? The pictures from the trip with the kit and E24Z lens are nicer than those from the trip with both Sigmas.

I stopped traveling with the Sigmas. Actually, I don't use them that often any more. I still use the E24Z and the newer E35 - as the latter one has OSS (video, low light).

I take it you were using in the kit in the same focal length range for comparison?  You know, that is the sweet spot for the 18-55.

I really would like the Sigma 30 to be competitive, as it's smaller and is more usable in lower light.  I can't say that I've done a lot of comparisons, but it's scary how sharp the Sigma is even at f2.8; the kit lens can't touch that.

...The E24Z is best mated with the Nex-7. But a $300, or less, high IQ 24mm lens for a Nex-3N would be a nice-to-have option as well.

I'm curious to see how well the new 20mm performs.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow