This Forum has gone to the dogs!

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Richard Franiec
Senior MemberPosts: 2,212Gear list
Like?
Re: True (^_^) The lack of cats is disturbing (NT)
In reply to PhotoKhan, Mar 29, 2013

PhotoKhan wrote:

rick decker wrote:

Some feel that a rule is a rule and if one person can ignore it, then all can and there is chaos.

That wouldn't be me for sure. If not for anything else, because I don't even know what the "rules" are around here.

I only checked in because of this feature DPR has where the "Top Threads" (...for which ranking I don't know the rules either...) appears on the right side of "my" forum (the "anything Canon you can drop there Forum").

It just struck me as curious that a Sigma user has lost all faith his "SigFov Special Look" up to the point of actually using a photo taken with another brand material to claim something as "typical Sigma forum", while not disclaiming it isn't actually a Sigma-originated image.

Your interpretation (or insinuation) is wrong. I've not lost any faith in "Foveon Special Look", actually just opposite. I use gear from both brands, depending on application and situation. Both technologies complements each other nicely for their strengths and weaknesses.

I'll suggest that you read the first sentence of OP in the context to the title of post I was responding to. Maybe then you'll understand my humorous meaning of "typical Sigma forum (you forgot to add) cat". "Nutella" reference was serving as a disclaimer for non Sigma gear. Also, for the same reason, I have not removed EXIF info which is self-explanatory.

Anyway, this is the only picture of cat that I have which best illustrates my tongue-in-cheek post.

...and if the cryptic "Nutella" reference was actually derogatory inside-reference that was intended to signalize this was an "inferior" shot from another brand's equipment, then you guys are even more clueless than I thought because, precisely, this shot perfectly demonstrates all that is superiorly good about the combo used to take it.

I'm glad that you like the shot but please, don't read too much into "Nutella" stuff. The whole post was intended to be humorous if you noticed the emoticons.

On the serious note, Rick and Kendall are periodically organizing tour of large prints made with Foveon based gear. It could be the eye opener for Foveon skeptics.

Cheers

Richard

PK

-- hide signature --

“Loose praise may feed my ego but constructive criticism advances my skills”
-------------------------------------------------
http://www.pbase.com/photokhan
(PBase Supporter)
-------------------------------------------------

Richard Franiec's gear list:Richard Franiec's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS M Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow