Thinking of swapping from MFT to full DSLR - Advice?

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
tgutgu
Senior MemberPosts: 3,293Gear list
Like?
Re: Factors in lens cost..
In reply to MoreorLess, Mar 29, 2013

MoreorLess wrote:

Pebbleheed wrote:

Anyone else feel a little cheated on the MFT lens prices?

I think there are a couple of issues here...

1.Your paying for size with MTF, compaired to most SLR lenses MTF obviously have more effort put into size saving and this likely adds to cost.

2.Your often looking at products of a different level, MTF generally only tends to have 1-2 options for most lens types and sometimes this maybe high end in terms of performance and build. DSLR's on the other hand normally have the option of high medium and low end lenses of each type. For example your stuck with the Panny 12-35mm f2.8, the SLR version would be the Nikon 17-55mm 2.8 but theres also the much lower cost Tamron 17-50mm 2.8.

Personally my opinion is that you always tend to get a better deal selling off lenses rather than bodies, maybe keep the G1X and the 14mm pancake, sell off anything else you have and buy a DSLR.

My opinion is that today running two systems is not the handicap

Unless you want to invest heavily in FF, with the current state of m4/3, there is no need for a second system. Maintaining two systems is the most costly solution anyway. People should rather sell their older equipment if they want to switch to or quit m4/3. Very often with many users only one system is used mostly while the other catches dust. And I bet the dust catching system is the larger and heavier one in most cases.

it was in the past as digital was devolping. Even MTF's has really matured as a system and your not likely to see a radical improvement in body performance so less likely to want to upgrade either body.

-- hide signature --

Thomas

tgutgu's gear list:tgutgu's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-PL7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +26 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow