richarddd
Senior MemberPosts: 2,744Gear list
Like?
Re: What I learned from Gollywop -- and what I wonder
In reply to Anders W, Mar 29, 2013

Anders W wrote:

Mark Scott Abeln wrote:

I use the Enfuse command-line utility.

I manually align the images in Photoshop.

OK. That explains it. My processing times include RAW-to-jpeg conversion and aligning whereas yours don't. And it seems the aligning step is the most time-consuming, as pointed out by the LR/Enfuse Quick Guide here (see under "The 'Auto Align' panel"):

http://www.photographers-toolbox.com/products/lrenfuse.php?sec=quickguide

I tried skipping the aligning stage, as is possible if you are shooting from a tripod and take care not to move the camera at all between shots, and this brought processing time for the nine-image merge I was playing with down to about a minute. Of that, half or so, is probably simply RAW conversion time.

Aha - you're using jpeg as an input to Enfuse. I'd been trying tiff for the higher image quality and better ability to edit results.

Photomatix, including align and processing, is much faster. Photoshop also aligns quickly

richarddd's gear list:richarddd's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BothNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow