Has the X20 met or failed your expectations?

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Joel Stern
Forum ProPosts: 10,532Gear list
Like?
Re: Looking at P7100 samples
In reply to Sunshine_boy, Mar 29, 2013

Sunshine_boy wrote:

Sunshine_boy wrote:

I have been reading rather conflicting comments and opinions from actual users so far and to be honest I have not yet seen sample images to impress me for a camera being launched with such clout.

As I wrote in the original posting of this thread, I was looking for evidence that the X20 image quality is considerably better than the IQ of its competitors. Sure I understand that its technology and specifications are higher than most of the others, but the question I put to myself is: "Will I (with the X20) get an IQ improvement worth my $600 over an older model of one of the better compacts of another brand? I do appreciate other nice and handy features of the X20 but I am concentrating on IQ for the moment.

I have recently posted some pictures from the 'lowly' P7100 in the Nikon forum and I chose 2 of them to make crops and show them here. The full thread is at:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51163241

All P7100 pics were jpegs sooc (some cropping in some). I feel that the clarity of detail and jpeg processing of the P7100 appears to be better than the X20, or at least not so much worse to suggest a worthy improvement by buying the X20. See for yourselves and give me your comments. Remember that we are only talking about IQ at this stage.

Crop from middle right of full image

Crop from center-bottom of full image

-- hide signature --

Best Regards
Sunshine
Visit my website for lots of pics and fun...
www.sunshine-web.com
ps If you see someone without a smile on, give him one of yours...

The first to seem out of focus

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow