Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
eawhitcomb
Regular MemberPosts: 459Gear list
Like?
A99 sensor cleaning
Mar 29, 2013

Last Christmas I decided to get myself a Sony A99 (first Sony ever) and I love it.  I did notice smudges on all my pictures.  I did the auto sensor cleaning in the A99 and that didn't work.  I watched YouTube videos of how to clean a sensor (it wasn't on a Sony) and it looked easy enough.  When I did the auto cleaning there was a box that popped up stating that if it didn't work to follow the instructions in the manual to do manual cleaning.  I cannot find instructions in the manual!

I ended up taking the camera to my local camera store and paid $50.00 for them to clean the sensor for me.  They couldn't find the instructions in the manual either, but one of the guys there knew how to clean it anyway.  However, in the interest of $50.00 for the store, they aren't showing me how to get the mirror up so I can get to the sensor.

Has anyone cleaned their own sensor and can explain to me how to do this?  I'm assuming I set for a while, but just in case, I'd like to be able to do this myself next time around.

Thanks!

Elizabeth

Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow