Can i handle this shoot?

Started Mar 28, 2013 | Questions thread
Enthusiast Photographer
Regular MemberPosts: 115Gear list
Like?
Re: Can i handle this shoot?
In reply to AofA, Mar 29, 2013

If you don't know your equipment, (cue Jack Nicholson voice) you can't handle the shoot.

The D800 is an amazing camera, but it can also be amazingly complex, especially the AF system.  Depending on what you're shooting, that could be a problem.

I'd highly suggest Thom Hogan's guide to the D800.  His guides are extensive and fairly easy to read/digest.  You'll also learn a lot about how digital works in general.  I'm pretty sure you can buy it as an electronic version.  Then go on a crash course.  I got it for my D300s and it was a huge help.

Get it (or something like it), read it, then get out there and practice/tune for what you'll be shooting as much as you can.  If it is a wedding or something like that, practice a LOT

There is nothing wrong with handing the PP off to someone else IMHO, especialy if their skills and software are superior.

Enthusiast Photographer's gear list:Enthusiast Photographer's gear list
Nikon D300S Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow