Warning. Honest.

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
wireless
Regular MemberPosts: 470Gear list
Like?
Re: Warning. Honest.
In reply to PHXAZCRAIG, Mar 29, 2013

PHXAZCRAIG wrote:

[..]  The idea of some sort of partial clone, but converting from a spinning drive to SSD is appealing.)

Yes I thought so too.  At work a couple years ago we started converting to SSDs anytime a computer was replaced.  I got one and also bought an SSD for one of the my home drives (the one I use for PP).

All the things I thought would improve didn't.  We still have SSD drive failures at work and they go without any advance warning.  Just one day the computer won't boot up.  We use Dells and HP.

Secondly they are not any faster and the ones I have (a couple years old) are slower.  I thought they would be faster.  But from what I can gather, they have improved the speed of them over time.  Right now if I do over I'll probably stick with tried and true spinning discs which are cheaper and seemingly faster.

David

wireless's gear list:wireless's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow