Thinking of swapping from MFT to full DSLR - Advice?

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
papillon_65
Forum ProPosts: 17,051Gear list
Like?
Re: Good advice
In reply to ultimitsu, Mar 29, 2013

ultimitsu wrote:

BigBarney wrote:

papillon_65 wrote:

I haven't totally abandoned M4/3's and there will be things about my OMD I will miss, it doesn't matter what system you choose there will be a compromise somewhere. I don't think size is such an issue unless you go for big telephoto lenses, it's more a weight thing. I used to take my OMD in a bag so taking a DSLR in a bag is no different, its the weight that is, that's the real penalty. I'm happy to accept that compromise, you may not be.

Yes, it is all about compromises, and which compromise suits you best for the type of photography that you do. When you are young and fit things like the weight and size of the equipment you use is often unimportant.

Canon just announced 100D. Being 17 grams lighter and a friction bigger than OMD, one may say there is almost no compromise.

That is until you try to match the longer telephoto's on m4/3's. The compromise is still size and weight of many of the lenses. If you shoot only primes then it isn't much of a big deal.

-- hide signature --

For the person who is good with a hammer, everything in life tends to look like a nail.....
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow