A result of negative user feedback for Windows 8?

Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Glen Barrington
Forum ProPosts: 12,947
Like?
Re: A result of negative user feedback for Windows 8?
In reply to skyglider, Mar 29, 2013

I must say, the only thing keeping me a Windows 7 user is Lightroom.  Microsoft and I simply don't seem to be headed in the same direction.

I don't see me running even Win 7 in 2 years.  I've already got Unbutu Linux installed as a dual boot on the PC I use as s digital darkroom.  And I'm exploring some of the more serious Linux based photo software options.

Adobe needs to wake up and smell the coffee, many of these Linux based titles really only need minor tweaking to start stealing customers from Adobe.  A Linux based digital darkroom is quite 'do-able' at this point, but many of the conveniences and features I would like to keep are still missing.  For instance, I'd like to continue how I convert my photos to DNG. (I'm not going to argue the merits of DNG, please don't go there)

I tried the Aftershot pro trial when it came out, but that was as a possible Lr replacement (I felt it didn't offer enough reasons to switch - But if Lr suddenly is no longer available, maybe I need to reconsider) .  Does anyone know if the Linux version of Aftershot Pro has kept up with the Win7 version in terms of updates or was that Linux version was just a publicity stunt?

Also, I would like to evaluate the ASP Linux version on Unbutu.  But since I've already evaluated ASP in Windows, I'm not sure that is possible.  How does Corel keep track of evaluation downloads for Linux?  And does ASP run well on Unbutu?

-- hide signature --

I still like soup. . .
Now that you've judged the quality of my typing, take a look at my photos. . .
http://www.jpgmag.com/people/glenbarrington/photos

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow