a99 HOT SHOE does not FIT Radio Trigger and Flashes

Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hawaii-geek
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,706Gear list
Like?
Endos, the beauty of RadioPoppers PX system
In reply to Endos, Mar 29, 2013

Endos wrote:

You can wait forever to see triggers from radiopoppers or PocketWizard for Sony.

Just when we have support last year from Phottix and Pixel with TTL triggers, Sony goes and drops the much better iISO shoe.

Endos,

I understand your skepticism  ...  trust me  ... I was an Olympus shooter.

But the RadioPopper system DOES NOT  use Hot Shoe ... it reads the Pulse from the flash.

That is the Beauty of it ... Simplicity itself ... it is just reading and relaying the signal.

for example on the PX trigger ...  because the sb900 flash can ZOOM to 200mm  and the element inside the flash goes way back into the flash ... the PX trigger itself needs to be mounted as far back on the flash as possible to read the trigger and Control commands at 200mm.

So all RadioPopper would need is a better understanding of SONYs communication ... PULSE ... and BANG  they are in business.    Well the FW update , thats another thing.

Talked to Laurent at RadioPopper  ... they want to do it , they tried to do it last year ... but had a Timing issue.

CALL them or email them and ASK them to support  SONY flashes !

Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

HG

-- hide signature --

http://tourist-of-light.blogspot.com/
Please feel free to criticize, make suggestions, and edit any of my photos & re-post, to help show me 'the way'. * I am trying to Elevate the Level of my 'Snap Shots'

Hawaii-geek's gear list:Hawaii-geek's gear list
Sony RX1 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Sony SLT-A99 Sony Alpha 7R +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow