Blogger Ming Thein: GH3 a "consumer appliance"

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,312Gear list
Like?
Re: The size thing is getting old
In reply to danijel973, Mar 29, 2013

danijel973 wrote:

I'm really not competent for video because it's not my thing; I tried making a few video clips but they tend to lok static, like a slide show of photographs, because I lack skill in moving the camera during recording. So seeing how I suck at video it's not a big surprise that video recording isn't really something that influences my decisions in the choice of cameras. Also, I never actually tried a Panasonic m43 camera so I'm speaking generally; I honestly don't know if I'd like them or hate them.

I understand that. The GH3 is a hybrid cam. Still I can imagine that especially with the 35-100 and 100-300 lens it is a very good and ligthweight, small combo (for that focal length) photo-only cam too.

I think the question was about Ming and his assertions. The answer seems to be: he is not the best person the comment on a truely hybrid cam because one half cannot be judged by him because he lacks skills. If you only want to shoot photo's perhaps there are better combo's. A better hybrid seems much more diffcult to find.

I would like to add another comment on Ming: why did he not read other specialized reviews to see if he was on target or completely off when it comes to video? Why risk writing things down as facts when you know yourself you are pretty much clueless here? I realy don't understand it. It is well known how good Gh3 is for video so when your "experience" seems ot be at odds with this, I would expect some more research on this.

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow