Hotshoe extension cable with 2 hotshoes

Started Mar 28, 2013 | Questions thread
ScratchDisk
Senior MemberPosts: 2,693
Like?
Re: Hotshoe extension cable with 2 hotshoes
In reply to ErickMoral, Mar 29, 2013

Hi, The 'Dual' cords do not have wide enough applicability to base a setup upon them - IMO you would be better off with even simple M Radio triggers.

Vivitar used to have an enviable reputation, but not now. The last time I checked the spec of their recent TTL flashes (admittedly, about a year ago), I came away unimpressed. Things like an auto power down mode that you could not disable, ?no HSS etcetc. Their site and manuals didn't reveal the necessary information easily, either. They are that price for a reason.

If a Phottix Mitros is out of budget, consider some of the recent Yongnuo speedlites (but check specs very carefully, as there are many incarnations). My ancient Canon 550Exs (ETTL but M option too) all still work like new, are quite cheap on Ebay, make excellent Canon Wireless slaves to your 60D, or can be hooked up via, for instance, Yn RF-602s or even Phottix Odins. Good luck choosing! Donald

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow