What I learned from Gollywop -- and what I wonder

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Senior MemberPosts: 2,978Gear list
Re: What I learned from Gollywop -- and what I wonder
In reply to Mark Scott Abeln, Mar 29, 2013

Mark Scott Abeln wrote:

Anders W wrote:

An update to my previous reply: It seems the program now uses 1024 MB for the cache and 2 MB for the buffer by default. Based on the advice given here

that on a system with considerably more than 4 GB (mine has 16), you should eliminate the cache, I did so by means of the command-line parameter -m 0. This didn't help though. Merging nine E-M5 images takes about four and a half minutes. On the other hand, this is with LR/Enfuse from within LR and includes all steps in the process as described here

In other words, the input consists of nine RAW files which are first converted, then aligned, and finally combined. Perhaps your processing times are for the last stage only?

I use the Enfuse command-line utility.

I manually align the images in Photoshop.

Once you align images in Photoshop, how do you output them so that Enfuse can read them?

If I open images as layers in PS, align them, save each layer as a tiff file (save as a copy, not layers), then run Enfuse on those tiffs, I get multiple warnings about no TIFFTAG_SAMPLEFORMAT or TIFFTAG_DATATYPE, unknown field with tag and input image does not have an alpha channel. The Enfuse docs say it will read a multi-layer tiff, but saving as that in PS gives similar warnings.

richarddd's gear list:richarddd's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow