Suitable D600 Alternative When Size/Weight Are An Issue

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
trentschler
New MemberPosts: 9Gear list
Like?
Re: Suitable D600 Alternative When Size/Weight Are An Issue
In reply to Brad Davis, Mar 29, 2013

I have a Fuji x100 and it's a great camera. It's small and light and you can take beautiful photos with it. The built-in flash works very well, and the controls and menus are easy to use.

It was the optical viewfinder that really sold me - I can never go back! In fact, this is what led me to my recent purchase of a D600.

There are times when the D600 seems like a big beast and an overly-complicated machine for "taking pictures," and it takes more skill and thought to use it and to get the results I want. But, those efforts are rewarded.

Rather than buy a new camera, perhaps consider the new 18-35mm wide zoom for the D600. I have had one for a week and, it's nice. If you're thinking about going with the x100, which has only the one fixed lens, then maybe you should take the D600, which you like, and leave the bag full of lenses behind.

As I said, the x100 is a great camera, well-liked and regarded. But you might miss your D600 when you get to your destination.

trentschler's gear list:trentschler's gear list
Nikon D7100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow