DPP, Lightroom and Photo Ninja, samples

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
MisterBG
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,197
Like?
Re: DPP, Lightroom and Photo Ninja, samples
In reply to Y Hafting, Mar 29, 2013

I haven't tried Photo Ninja, but comparing results from DPP, Corel AftershotPro and RawTherapee, I found that Lightroom gave by far the best highlight recovery, sharpness and overall balance.

It's all very well using "Auto" or "Default" settings, but these programs are quite complex, and with a challenging subject you often need to spend quite a lot of time fine tuning the settings.
I'd agree with you that Photo Ninja is returning some good results, but in a final image it's probably going to be difficult, if not impossible, to distinguish the results between PN and Lightroom. "You pays your money and makes your choice."

Having auditioned each version of Lightroom from v1 and been unimpressed, I finally found with v4.3 (now 4.4RC) that Adobe has produced a program that was worth purchasing.

-- hide signature --

>The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow