Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dan Marchant
Senior MemberPosts: 1,735Gear list
Like?
Re: cant get all the catalogs to load in LR4
In reply to darwin36, Mar 29, 2013

darwin36 wrote:

Here is the scenario.
Before I ininstalled my new. Op drive I had all my back up catalogs with the picture on a different drive by defult I guess.

Those catalogs are backups. LR doesn't load them. It uses the normal catalog. If you want to know where that is google "default location for lightoom 4 catalog"

On PC it is normally C:\Users\[user name]\Pictures\Lightroom\ and the file is called Catalog.lrcat. The easiest thing to do is to copy just your most recent backup catalog to this location. Then go in to Lightroom and select to open a catalog (I think this is on the file menu - don't have LR to hand so working from memory). In the open catalog dialogue there should be a tick box for "make this catalog the default/always open this calaog". Tick that box and LR will automatically load that catalog when it starts.

-- hide signature --

Dan
-
f/2.8 is a smaller number than f/22 in the same way that 100 is a smaller number than 20.
I am learning photo graphee - see the results at www.danmarchant.com

Dan Marchant's gear list:Dan Marchant's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow