aftab wrote:

Another RAW file uploaded here

-- hide signature --

Life is short.
Travel with passion.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/catch45/

Thanks!

I am having a look at them right now.

Unfortunately i have only an old PS, that doesn't support 5D III, but in DPP i can view them both.

It seems i can confirm that i get similar results for DPP. I might post something later to see if i am able to push the boundries slightly, but in general it won't change the major differences.

One strange finding: on the 5DIII image, the thumbnail seems to have have a much better colour on the sky than the full size image. I am not sure why canon chose not to let us play with those colours inn full size, and seing the great differences i would consider this a bug in the current DPP version (3.12.52.0).

Photoshop (CS4) is not able to recover the blown highlights from the images transferred to DPP either.

Another thing that makes for an interesting comparison between raw converters is the fine detail rendered when the Digital Lens Optimizer (DLO) in DPP is used. I might post an example later tonight or tomorrow, but i don't have PN or a newer ACR, so someone else will have to do those. When using the full frame, that feature might not be interesting, but for tele-photography, where 100% crop is used, this feature may prove particularly useful.

-Yngve

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow