a99 HOT SHOE does not FIT Radio Trigger and Flashes

Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hawaii-geek
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,706Gear list
Like?
unrealreality, your post on the foot sticking out. helpful
In reply to unrealreality, Mar 29, 2013

unrealreality wrote:

I recently picked up an a99 and own radio triggers for my 2 studio flashes. I have the cybercyncs from paul buff but hadn't tried them yet.

I used to use a converter to fit on the a77 but was happy that sony went to a standard hot shoe for the a99. I just tried my triggers after reading this and they work perfectly.

They don't LOOK like they go all the way in, but if you check alignment, once the trigger is pushed as far as it can go, the center point of the trigger matches the center contact on the hotshoe.

It doesn't look like it goes all the way in because, yes, the pins (or rather the metal above the pins) are blocking it, but Sony compensated for this. They do this so you don't damage the pins and if you use Sony equipment it goes flush, but with non-sony gear, the back end of the trigger sticks out a bit. No biggie as it all works here!

unrealreality,

Forgot to thank you on my ... IT WORKS !  post.

But your post on how the  FOOT sticks out  was really helpful.     It allowed me to clear in my mind that it was OK  , and stop tinkering with it.

Really thought I was mounting it wrong. spent too much time playing with it.  and timed out the Off camera flash.

Well that was a late night twilight zone experience.  

Now, if the 60m  just had a PC port for Radio REC.   That would be a nice plus.

HG

-- hide signature --

http://tourist-of-light.blogspot.com/
Please feel free to criticize, make suggestions, and edit any of my photos & re-post, to help show me 'the way'. * I am trying to Elevate the Level of my 'Snap Shots'

Hawaii-geek's gear list:Hawaii-geek's gear list
Sony RX1 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Sony SLT-A99 Sony Alpha 7R +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow