a99 HOT SHOE does not FIT Radio Trigger and Flashes

Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hawaii-geek
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,923Gear list
Like?
a99 DOES work as a Standard HOT SHOE ! my mistake :)
In reply to Hawaii-geek, Mar 29, 2013

a99 DOES  work as a Standard HOT SHOE  !     my mistake  So, now I look silly  LOL

Thanks to Granduca and Brian_Smith posts  ... I had to go back and try it again.

IT WORKED !

Used a Trigger , sb900, Metz, LumoPro manual flash etc and they all seem to work.

The sb900 even seems to Lock IN ... though it looks  strange to me ... with about 1/4 of the foot out of the Hot Shoe.

My guess is that I must have been "Freaked Out" by the way it mounted on the HOT Shoe.

And I probably took too much time trying to Mount it, for sure I was thinking to myself "this can't be right?"   .. the  60M flash that I had mounted to my Radio REC  had "timed OUT".  LOL

I had tested the Triggers  as I always do OFF the Hot Shoe "first"  to make sure the Radio connection was solid ... and then I mount to the  Camera Hot Shoe  ... but in the process of trying to figure out what I was doing wrong on the Mount on the HOT SHOE the OFF camera 60m flash timed out.

The "way" it mounts is Strange with the NON-SONY Flashes (60m) ... the  End Sticks OUT !   looks a little unstable and weird.   Thought I was doing something wrong. and probably spent way too much time trying to figure it out.

So, in the process of trying to figure "that" out  ... the 60m Flash must have timed Out.

Repeated it just now ... and saw the 60m flash Time out.  and I could not Trigger.

Thank you,  learned something today

HG

-- hide signature --

http://tourist-of-light.blogspot.com/
Please feel free to criticize, make suggestions, and edit any of my photos & re-post, to help show me 'the way'. * I am trying to Elevate the Level of my 'Snap Shots'

Hawaii-geek's gear list:Hawaii-geek's gear list
Sony RX1 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Sony SLT-A99 Sony Alpha 7R +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow