Pentax-DA 560mm F5.6 ED AW

Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
leopold
Forum ProPosts: 12,427Gear list
Like?
Ron...
In reply to brandrx, Mar 29, 2013

brandrx wrote:

I don't care what charts and theory says about stopping down from wide open to obtain best sharpness. I will not hesitate using my Sigma 500/4.5 wide open at any time. And when I do I will not be doing any deep peeping. I guess that must be why I will never be a professional shooter but I sure as hell will always have fun doing my kind of shooting.

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Hi,

i think we tend to pixel peep too much and wanted too much about this lens being superb for the price. It's only one review and some test shots. Shooting with the lens remains the best way to make yourself an opinion, but in that case it's hard to try one out before purchasing

If the price drop to 5500$ like in some stores that people reported it may become a good choice, my main complaint is still the long minimum focusing distance, sure an ext. tubes can be used but having a lens that focuses close all by itself is always better.

As for handholding i would always use that kind of lens on a solid tripod anyway.

leopold's gear list:leopold's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow