Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Greyser
Senior MemberPosts: 3,678Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax-DA 560mm F5.6 ED AW
In reply to MightyMike, Mar 29, 2013

MightyMike wrote:

Greyser wrote:

It may be balanced well enough. However, while I'm comfortable with hand holding of much shorter Sigma 500/4.5, I'm not sure about 560/5.6 when extrapolating my Sigma holding experience. And I am 6'2" tall. I trust MightyMike that the lens is OK for holding, but my technique might be deferent.

After doing a little measuring the place we'd hold the Sigma 500/4.5 is within an inch either way of where you'd hold the 560/5.6 therefore at the same weight and similar weight distribution it'll be about the same in ergonomics as the 500/4.5

Mike, I have a tripod mount rotated 90o clockwise. I hold the lens placing my left palm between tripod mount short extension and the lens body. So, my left palm is positioned somewhst vertically, not supporting the lens horizontally. Instead the weight of the lens is supported by my thumb and external side of the palm. I also have a soft small supporting pad on the tip of the mount extension  to get easy on my palm..

I carry the lens using CarrySpeed FS-Pro sling strap with two loops and found that this technique helps me to pull the rig and start shooting very quickly.

Greyser's gear list:Greyser's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow