TG-2 sample shot at ISO 100 and my initial impression

Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mittskitts
Contributing MemberPosts: 694Gear list
Like?
Re: Ever looked at samples from new FT5 ?
In reply to Jefftan, Mar 29, 2013

My TG-1 HDR scene pics are 5 MP, not 3 MP.

I agree that the noise reduction causes smearing. If you go pixel peeping you will drive yourself crazy. If you view the pictures at a reasonable size, you might find that they can really be quite good. I have gotten some beautiful pictures from my TG-1. I have sunrise pictures with color that you wouldn't believe, and that f/2 lens let them be taken. I have also found that closeup focus is superb. I have taken a lot of pictures of my cats from a one or two feet away and their eyes are crystal sharp.

Also, if you take pictures in bad light or with a white cloudy sky, as you demonstrate in your initial picture posts, in general they aren't going to look very good, even with a good camera. Good light has always been key in good photography.

I carry my TG-1 with me almost all the time. I am really enjoying it and getting my money's worth. I also have a m4/3 for when I need to take challenging pictures (moon), or want really crisp focus or sharp detail or need telephoto or wide angle. But it doesn't fit in my golf bag or work tote with all the lenses and viewfinder.

If you really don't like it, then return it and try something else.

Mittskitts's gear list:Mittskitts's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-1 iHS Olympus SH-50 Olympus PEN E-PL1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
skeys MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow