Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ken G.
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,441Gear list
Like?
Initial shots with AW110
Mar 29, 2013

I picked up the camera today and took these without any camera adjustments.  Each image is straight out of the camera, followed by the same image with minor pp done in LR.  I will read the manual and play/post more in the next few days.  There's CA in the tree shot, and the camera seems to overexpose with exposure compensation set to '0'.  Shutter button requires an intentional press to take a picture.  I've noticed my finger in the viewfinder a couple times due to the way I hold the camera - with both hands at the top corners.

I've tried and returned the Oly TG2 due to TOO much NR.  My initial take on the Nikon is that it does not apply as much processing.  I liked the Oly's physical layout and menu's better.  I've got 2 weeks to decide if it stays or goes back.  I'd also like to get my hands on the new Panny TS5 before I make a final choice, but it's harder to find those locally just yet.

-- hide signature --

Camera gear in profile.
Ken G.
http://www.pbase.com/kgilbertsen/

Ken G.'s gear list:Ken G.'s gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Nikon D300
Nikon Coolpix AW110 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 (Lumix DMC-FT5)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow