Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
deednets
Senior MemberPosts: 1,904Gear list
Like?
NIK software deal, is it worth it??
Mar 29, 2013

Couldn't resist, bought this mainly for selective noise filtering and maybe the odd mild HDR. Had a look at the other tools and was quite gobsmacked, as they say, when I found around 120 or so tutorial videos on the NIK website.

Had a play with the control points and used Colour Efex 4 and Viveza 2.

Will possibly use this now and again ... has anybody else used this and what is your opinion??

Here are a few edits, the beauty of course is that if you go into the magnifier you can then flick through those pics, like a wee slide show (for those who don't know how this works, just click any of the pics (if you are interested that is, of course!)

Original, edited in Capture One:

Colour Efex "detail":

Viveza, tried the control points to understand how they actually work within a circle, so edit more for demonstration purposes:

BW in Viveza:

From experience I know that the best results you get out of a piece of software not on the first day, natually, but am keen to watch the portraits and HDR tutorials! Some of the tutorials are rather long, suits me just fine!!!

http://www.niksoftware.com/learnmore/usa/index.php/webinars/archives

Cheers

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow