Blogger Ming Thein: GH3 a "consumer appliance"

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 12,994Gear list
Like?
Re: Blogger Ming Thein: GH3 a "consumer appliance"
In reply to danijel973, Mar 29, 2013

danijel973 wrote:

The NEX 6 was just bought by a friend who was showing it off so I got to play with it, together with normal and telephoto kit lenses. As I said, it is a mixed bag. I liked some things, didn't like the others, and my overall impression of EVIL cameras is that their image quality is excellent, but they are awkward to use and too tiny for proper ergonomics. The buttons are just too small for normal human hand. So basically I'm not sure I will ever make a complete switch to mirrorless. I will use it for some things, yes, and I'll probably keep building two systems, but it just doesn't click with me, ergonomically.

You may be right, although some things that are different just take a bit longer to get used to. The NEX menu I admit a bit awkward but I have a NEX-5R which uses a touchscreen. Not so many buttons if I want to operate it that way.

Now I just picked up a G1 with 14-45 lens to-day for $225. (Like new.) I wonder if that, indeed, is a "consumer appliance?"

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow