Colors of DP1M, DP2M & DP3M pretty close

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jim Funston
Senior MemberPosts: 1,326
Like?
Re: Images are necessary for further productive conversation
In reply to Richard Franiec, Mar 29, 2013

I am just wondering if it has to do with HBowman using the DP2m with its older firmware and the older version SPP. Then he sold it before the latest DP2m firmware or the SPP 5.5 upgrade. Then he got the DP3m and is comparing today's DP3m to yesterday's DP2m color. I know he is a excellent photographer and seems to enjoy helping others to get the most out of these cameras.

It is hard to see any significant differences in the OP's test but I am sure these were taken with the latest firmwares and SPP upgrades (well maybe not the SPP 5.5.1 but surely the 5.5 version)

I know I personally see many color and white balance improvements with my DP2m since the upgrades and firmware update. This could be why there is a difference in opinions on these issues between the DP2m and the DP3m.

I am hoping when I get a chance to try the new SPP 5.5.1 update that I see even more IQ improvements and tweaks. I really like my DP2m!!!!

Just presenting a possible reason for the differences in results or opinions.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow