Long Panos on Epson 3880

Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hugowolf
Forum ProPosts: 11,305
Like?
Re: Long Panos on Epson 3880
In reply to mike clemens, Mar 28, 2013

mike clemens wrote:

I have a 3880 and am willing to buy rolls and a nice rototrimmer to cut some sheets for it. I believe the printer out of the box will go up to 38" but I would like to do some 50" or 60" prints.
Is there a RIP application that has become a de facto standard, or most recommended for this task? Everything I find searching is either 2011 or 2010 and I've got to imagine that there have been changes/improvements.

38", 37.5", do I hear any other bids? It is actually a 95 cm limit, or approximately 37.4 inches.

A RIP will cost you at least as much as you paid for the printer. Do a web search for PrintFab. It is a RIP that is currently in beta, and as such is free for the time being. When it goes out of beta, who knows what you will have to pay for it.

The European version of the Epson 3880 comes with Mirage RIP, or at least a version of it. It allows borderless printing at any length, but is still limited to 95 cm.

Brian A

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow