Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ronomy
Senior MemberPosts: 2,872Gear list
Like?
Re: FZ200: Silkypix RAW and Standard JPG comparison
In reply to Mikedigi, Mar 28, 2013

Mikedigi wrote:

Ronomy wrote:

Well this is a surprise!  I compared this image of a church In RI that was taken in Standard mode Program mode and all default image profile(0).  IRES turned off.  It was right after I got the camera and I shot jpg & raw.  The RAW image was processed using Silkypix Pro 5.0 using defaults for an ISO 640 image.  The only change in SP was selecting strong contrast to try and match the contrast of the sooc jpg.

Side by side, I might be able to see the difference.

You can do that in FastStone, you know . . . 

By a coincidence, I was looking today at the first pics I took outdoors/indoors with the FZ200, using Standard-with-default-everything.

A bit buzzy but very sharp.

Mike

The jpg I posted had ires off and it was in natural mode. All defaults.  It was my first time using the camera.  I usually compare images in Photoshop but I will give it a try Mike.

I do notice that Neat Image my pictures look like they have more noise so picasa must smooth out some of that noise.  I am not a sharpness nut...I do look for a natural looking image though that is not blury at 100%.

Ronomy's gear list:Ronomy's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD800 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon EOS 7D Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow