What would be a good basic lens collection?

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
roby17269
Contributing MemberPosts: 884Gear list
Like?
Re: LBA beware
In reply to GreenMountainGirl, Mar 28, 2013

GreenMountainGirl wrote:

Roberto,

I just looked at your website, and your photos are amazing!

Thanks! I love this hobby

Similarly in Nikon, the 70-200 is a great zoom.

Indeed it is. Nikon glass can be excellent and there are a few lenses I envy them... as there would be a few Canon lenses I would envy if I were on the dark side

at is the best way.  I hope to have a selection that includes both zooms and primes.  Just have to be careful because I don't want to spend too much all at once!

If I had to make a choice now, though, it would be primes only. And while at the beginning I bought cheap lenses, after a while I learnt that it was better for me to wait and save for better ones. Moreover, while good lenses tend to keep their value, cheap ones are a much worse "investment"

The only issue with the 200 being the risk of my wife divorcing me

Surely your wife will keep you?!!!  Especially when the 200mm makes a difference in your success as a fashion photographer...In the same way, I have to build my lens collection gradually and smartly so my husband will hardly notice!

Yes the problem with the 200 is that it is big and white... so it would stick out like a sore thumb.

Other lenses are all of similar size and black, so if you do not pay close attention, they look like the same

Thanks so much for your comments.

Susan

You're welcome

-- hide signature --
 roby17269's gear list:roby17269's gear list
Adobe Photoshop CS6 extended Nik Silver Efex Pro Nik Color Efex Pro Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Canon EOS-1D X +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow