Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,923Gear list
Like?
D7100 Cause and Effect For D400
Mar 28, 2013

It is clear that this D7100 looks fantastic, and it is very aimed for the birding photography and such sports.  Every owner, at least 99% of owners i've seen are only posting this type of photos, and hardly any people portrait pictures.  To me, portrait photography results with this new body is still "unknown".

The point is that there is a lot of energy and enfascis being generated with this camera regarding this new and better AF in the camera and i can clearly see that a lot of D300 users are or have already bought/upgraded to this camera.  I know not every single D300 user is happy with the darn buffer, but If Nikon sees that this type of a camera is going to be "good enough", specially with all this excitement going around with this "non pro" body, will Nikon find the need to make the D400?  I mean, after all, the only thing Nikon has to do is add a bigger buffer and there, you got yourself a D400.  Personally, i don't think there will be the D400 people are imagining.

What do you think?

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Nikon D300 Nikon D40 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow