ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jule
Contributing MemberPosts: 512Gear list
Like?
X100s pics, and a few remarks
Mar 28, 2013

Greetings

Back from a short trip to my homeland, Northwestern Jutland. Brought the X100s plus a Fuji GW670 for film. Shooting RAW + jpeg. Ill show you some of the latter, shot as Large Provia and everything standart. All resized using straight bicubic and conversion to sRGB. No sharpening, curves, cropping or anything.

Overall the X100s has a wonderfull IQ with its own profile, most likely due to the combination of the X-Trans sensor and the lens. Its easy going, fast, noticable better than the X100 Ive had for 2 years and used allmost every day....

... except for AF that is.. As I wrote on this forum some 6 days ago, my initial feeling was that in a darkish room the old X100 is simply faster regarding AF than the new X100s. Im sorry to say that this has been confirmed on my trip - where most pictures were shot in ideal light. Returning from the trip - with no internet and hardly warm water - I see there are similar reports from other users, on this and other forums.

Tomorrow I will post a few examples with "missed shots that wouldnt be missed with the X100".

Finally: Is the X100s worth it? Yup, you bet. Overall much better than the X100. Im pretty confident a) there is a AF problem b) it will be rectified by Fuji. And if you use zone prefocus there are no problems at all. Well .. cept for the whiners that is.

Enjoy the Pictures, more tomorrow.

Jule's gear list:Jule's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro +1 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow