What I learned from Gollywop -- and what I wonder

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
bowportes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,452Gear list
Like?
Re: What I learned from Gollywop -- and what I wonder
In reply to Anders W, Mar 28, 2013

Anders W wrote:

Based on the few G5 RAWs I have looked at, it doesn't look as though it clips the read-noise distribution at the black level, as does the GH2. If that observation is correct, you could do it by simply shooting a series of black frames (capped lens, dark room, shortest shutter speed, smallest aperture), one at each ISO including the intermediate ones. You then open the files in RawDigger, move the black level backwards to zero, and observe the standard deviations, which in this case should reflect pure read-noise. This is what I did to see how the E-M5 behaved with regard to the intermediate ISOs. See here:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/41988325

3. Are there any ISOs to be avoided?

See above.

There's been so much emphasis upon the "rules" with the EM5 that I'd like to know what changes with the G5 and the EPL5.

I would guess, but don't know for sure, that the E-PL5 behaves just as the E-M5 in this regard.

Anders, These are the data. What G5-specific "rules" can you give me based upon them?  I'd also be in your general observations about the G5 based upon the data.

bowportes's gear list:bowportes's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm X-T1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BothNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow