Why I'm sending back my X100S (autofocus)

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
mattmadd
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Re: Why I'm sending back my X100S (autofocus)
In reply to jsjjnbrunk, Mar 28, 2013

Boy, I wish I had a $1 for every sweeping, doom & gloom post I've read about a new camera barely days in the market.

I wish I had $2 for every such post by someone who didn't even own the camera ...

Maybe it's my age.  As someone who is both an engineer and who grew up with cameras that did not focus themselves at all, I appreciate both reliable data as well as the limitations of technology.  Were there no limits, I believe there would also be no art.

My <$0.02 ...

jeb

Normally I'd be the first to agree with you, there is too much talk about the unnecessary minutia of cameras, but when the replacement is worst than the predecessor on a subject that Fujifilm says it is better at, I think it's kind of important to be honest and point it out!

If you don't believe me, I've just posted up a video showing the two side by sideĀ - see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqd_YXiOxjE

I'm the biggest Fujifilm fan out there, I wouldn't say this lightly without qualifying it.  As it stands, the AF on the X100S is only better under one specific set of circumstances, so it's just not worth upgrading at this point.

Matt

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow