Aleo Veuliah
Forum ProPosts: 14,466Gear list
Like?
Re: I agree. / Michael.
In reply to MichaelKJ, Mar 28, 2013

MichaelKJ wrote:

Aleo Veuliah wrote:

mpgxsvcd wrote:

It sounds like he got the GH3 confused with some other camera. Maybe an older Nikon camera or something. His conclusions are irrational.

His opinion and rating is clearly biased.

Aleo,

We've discussed how bias is defined before.  Is it your opinion that Ming intentionally wrote a negative review of the GH3, regardless of how he really feels about it?  Or is your notion of bias different?  As I noted before, behavioral scientists have demonstrated that unconscious preferences and biases influence all of our opinions/judgments/decisions.  Imo, there is no such thing as an objective review (unless you are only reporting raw facts, such as physical characteristics).  Obviously, some reviews are more biased than others, but all reviews reflects individual tastes and preferences. So, when you say that he is biased, what exactly is it that are you saying?

No, I think it is was not intentionally, I think it is his opinion, but I think it was a bit unconsciously  biased because of what he likes on the OMD, not is intention but he have done it anyway.

I tried both cameras and both are at the same quality level to me, and many agree with that, they are just different cameras. I could buy both for different purposes. But I must say that I will not use the GH3 just for video purposes neither the OMD just for stills, I like stills and I only buy cameras for that, sometimes I do a video but rarely.

You know Michael, I think that you brought a good point that is, unless the reviews are only based on the technical results, there will be always biased opinions unconsciously or not.

-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit.
If plan A doesn't work, the alphabet has 25 more letters, keep calm.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.
Aleo Photo Site

Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow