Started Mar 28, 2013 | Questions thread
JAGmtb
New MemberPosts: 20
Like?
Re: Decent manual focus landscape lens?
In reply to Tom2572, Mar 28, 2013

Tom2572 wrote:

Mel Snyder wrote:

I agree - complaints about the 16-50mm are WAY overblown by people who shoot test charts. Stopped down one or 2 stops, at 16mm, it's enough to make me question the weight of carrying my 11-16mm Tokina, except for cathedral/mosque interiors

One thought - when you shoot "landscapes" what precisely do you expect, and where will you be shooting? If desert and basically nothing for miles but flatness, a wide angle isn't very useful - to get the bang out of it,  I think you need a distinct near, middle and distant object to get the depth that makes "WOW!"

Most of my landscape shots would be at the top of a ride. When I lay my head down at night and dream of my ideal shot, it's riding 10,000 feet on a crest and the picture takes in enough scenery for the viewer to understand and appreciate the scope of the ride. Something like this  or this

He did say under $200 guys. How much is the C/Y 28mm going for these days?

I looked up the 16-50mm, and if I'm looking at the right one , it's a little pricey.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow