Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
brandrx
Forum ProPosts: 25,637
Like?
Re: Pentax-DA 560mm F5.6 ED AW
In reply to viking79, Mar 28, 2013

viking79 wrote:

MightyMike wrote:

I agree, it doesn't sound spectacular, however maybe they should do a review of the Sigma 500mm F4.5 for comparison

I was thinking that too, looks pretty mediocre for a $7000 lens, but I never shoot longer than 200 or 300mm so I don't really know how a lens that long should perform.

Honestly though I would expect very fast focus mechanism for the price.  If it is just okay, that doesn't give people a lot of reason to buy say a Pentax over a Canon/Nikon.  I won't complain though as it is at least a new lens.

I was hoping you or Ron would comment on this since you have a lot more experience with the telephoto lenses.

Hi Eric,

I won't comment on a lens that I have never used before other than to agree with Mike that it doesn't sound (seem very) spectacular to me either.

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow