Colors of DP1M, DP2M & DP3M pretty close

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Roland Karlsson
Forum ProPosts: 21,058Gear list
Like?
Re: Hot color discussions
In reply to BobNL, Mar 28, 2013

The Foveon color debates are a never ending story

Isn't it possible that you are both right?

Bob, you made a test with custom color balance. And all three cameras looks, more or less, the same. Yeah ... sure. They should. Should they not? Its the same sensor, probably the same IR filter and all three cameras are calibrated. Sure, the lenses are different, and might add some color finger print, but it looks to be very faint, if at all.

Nice test.

If I am not wrong Hulyss claims that his DP3M camera gives better color for some white balance preset. Wasnt that so? Correct me if I am wrong.

Moreover, Bob made another test where he tested auto WB and preset WB. And as far as I remember, the only difference in result was for preset. The preset was warmer for the DP3M than for the DP2M. It was very easy to see.

So ... I see no conflicting claims.

But ... correct me if I am wrong.

EDIT

BTW - come to think of it. As both auto WB and custom WB are calibrated for the camera you use, the warmer DP3M could both be a different preset and a different camera. You can really only look at the RAW data to see if its different.

Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma DP2 Quattro Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow