Started Mar 28, 2013 | Questions thread
Mel Snyder
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,024Gear list
Like?
Re: 35mm or 50mm?
In reply to Tsan, Mar 28, 2013

Tsan wrote:

Hi,

I recently started shooting exclusively 50mm on my full frame Nikon after using zooms for a long time. I like that practice so far.

Now for my Nex7, which lens should I get to kind of match my Nikon where I can interchange both camera to get the same look? I want to get a Sony prime (I have the kit lens) in either the 35mm or 50mm.

Thanks,

Tsan

You might consider a Nikon 35mm f2 AF-D - it's a fine lens you can also use on your Nikon. Or if you want o go searching, a Nikon 28mm f2.8 AiS - Photozone.de rates it higher than the 35mm f2, but I find it a bit flat and the 35mm brighter.

Highly rated but overpriced is the Canon FD 24mm f2 - I happened to own one from the film era, but a 28mm f2.8 FD I picked up for $50 (including the splendid black Canon EF to which it was attached!) is as good or better, and MUCH lighter.

Mel Snyder's gear list:Mel Snyder's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow