OMD + one lens for mountaineering

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Questions thread
DLBlack
Forum ProPosts: 11,021Gear list
Like?
Re: OMD + one lens for mountaineering
In reply to Thin_Ice, Mar 28, 2013

I have the 12/2.0 and the 9-18 lenses and both will be good choices but not my first choices.  My first choice would be the Pana 12-35 but I don't own it yet.  My next choice would be the Oly 12-50, which I do own and use it for my caving lens.  Either one of thse two lenses are weather-seale,which just might be good insurance if caught on the mountain in a storm.  A lens going down to atleast 12mm is a good thing.  Also a lens going out to at least 35 will be good.  The 12-50 has a nice semi-macro mode which just might come in handy.  If you don't need the lens right now I would wait a month and see if Olmpus annouces their rumored upcoming fast normal zoom.  The rumors has it being a weather-sealed 12-40/2.8.  Then again there are just rumors and if announce in late April or early May the lens will not be available until a month or two later.  Then the lens hood will be an extra option that willm be available a few motnhs later than that.

Dave

DLBlack's gear list:DLBlack's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow