Day 2 with my Silver X20 - Quirky little thing ain't she...

Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
depscribe
Senior MemberPosts: 1,154Gear list
Like?
Re: Day 2 with my Silver X20 - Quirky little thing ain't she...
In reply to altair3, Mar 28, 2013

Good idea to compile a list, though I wonder if Fuji is listening. Anyway, my list of operational (as opposed to image quality, which is another thing altogether) issues. Here's what needs to be added:

- a focus area box equivalent to infinity focus in OVF whenever OVF is selected and camera is on. (Ideally, the camera would also focus on that area, too, rather than some other area of its own choosing, as it is now. Yes, this could be done. It needn't be on by default. But it would be nice to be able to tell it what to focus on, rather than the general direction of what to focus on. Focus and parallax are two different things, which Fuji ought to recognize.) Yes, there would be a *slight* parallax issue at fairly close distances. We use the LCD for those. And with an 85 percent finder, the outside-the-finder slop would take care of the rest.

- the ability to review pictures in the LCD after shooting with the OVF. This was possible (though not good, in that the only option that hung around long enough to be useful was "Zoom [continuous]" while a full display that doesn't disappear after either 0.5 or 1.5 seconds would be much better) with the X10, but with the X20 we're expected to deplete our batteries with that silly eyeball recognition thing.

-- hide signature --
 depscribe's gear list:depscribe's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D7100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow