Zoom lens advice needed

Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
zkz5
Contributing MemberPosts: 662Gear list
Like?
Re: Zoom lens advice needed
In reply to NinaH, Mar 28, 2013

I have a 45-200. It is relatively big and heavy (and I'm trying to get rid of it as a result). I would never drag my 45-200 to a music festival let alone something bigger.

Also, an issue that is discussed here from time to time is people being denied admission to music festivals because "professional" cameras are not allowed. The people at the gate define "professional" as "big". You may not be able to get a 45-200 in there (or be seen using it inside, at least).

NinaH wrote:

I have previsously had a panasonic point and shoot digital camera with a 20x optial zoom, how do these lense compare to that distance- or does it not translate like that- sorry if this is a stupid question

One of the 24-480mm equivalent ones? Only the 100-300 (200-600mm equivalent) will cover that same distance. The 45-200 (90-400mm equivalent) will be a little shorter.

In general, I recommend getting closer :). It improves everything. I've never brought anything longer than my Oly 45mm to a music event.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow