OMD + one lens for mountaineering

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Questions thread
Gregm61
Forum ProPosts: 13,953Gear list
Like?
Re: 9-18 or RX100
In reply to Thin_Ice, Mar 28, 2013

Thin_Ice wrote:

My first idea was the 17 mm 1.8, but i think this one gives not the right posibilities in perspectives.  Then i was thinking of the 9-18, but overall i am a bit underwelmed by the pictures in the flickr pool.  I dont like to much distortion, especially in pictures with people on them.

When it comes to distortion with people and superwide angle lenses, that's just what happens if you get too close and/or put people towards the edge of the frame at the widest focal lengths with any superwide....won't matter if you use the 9-18 or any other superwide, even using a program like DxO with it's great optical corrections, or PTLens that will do pretty much the same thing as a plugin for Photoshop.

One "different" option... possibly... would be to use the Rokinon 7.5mm f3.5 fisheye to capture a wide expansive view, then process the resulting file with Fisheye Hemi to fixe the people..

http://www.imagetrendsinc.com/products/prodpage_hemi.asp

-- hide signature --

"There's shadows in life, baby.." Jack Horner- Boogie Nights

Gregm61's gear list:Gregm61's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow