Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
rrr_hhh
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,916Gear list
Like?
Re: Question about Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS
In reply to njlarsen, Mar 28, 2013

njlarsen wrote:

rrr_hhh wrote:

I'd avoid the 100-300mm Panasonic on an Olympus body : its IQ isn't better than the 75-300mm Olympus, while the second version of the 75-300mm Olympus is now priced competitively with the Panasonia while beimju lighter at the same time.

Only those who have a Panasonic body and really need the OIS have a reason to buy the 100-300mm. I may have a bad copy of the 100-300mm, but mine isn't able to focus at infinite when used at longer length than 225mm, whether manually or with AF. The contrast also sinks dramatically at the long end.

I had a Panasonic when I ordered it and the Olympus first version was much more expensive, but with an E-M5 and the second version of the 75-300mm I don't see any reason to buy the Panasonic, on the contrary.

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

I think you must have had a bad copy. I get Sharp moon shots when zoomed in completely.

I may have a bad copy, but when I sent it to Panasonic support center it came back with the mention that the lens "was inside of specifications"

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow