Finally...Tamron beats Nikon

Started Mar 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Brev00
Senior MemberPosts: 5,770Gear list
Like?
Re: Finally...Tamron beats Nikon
In reply to krikman, Mar 28, 2013

That, to me, is a pretty obscure piece of bokeh criticism.  I just looked through the past few shoots with my Tammy and have yet to spot an image in which branches were blurred before a subject.  Lots of branches but they were either in or out of focus with no disturbing side effects.  So, while that may indeed be a flaw in the makeup of the Tamron, I am not sure how often the problem will occur at least for me.

Now, your bird shot is very nice and you should be pleased with the quality of your lens and your decision to go with the Nikon.  If you wish to critique the way I normally use the lens, I just started a thread with some images today:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51174656

Even though I bought this lens before I added my midrange and my wide angle, I find it the sharpest of the three and with the least ca's.  It still finds its way onto my D90 a great deal of the time.

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/photos/brev00

Brev00's gear list:Brev00's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
VCNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow