What would be a good basic lens collection?

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
GreenMountainGirl
Contributing MemberPosts: 667Gear list
Like?
Re: LBA beware
In reply to roby17269, Mar 28, 2013

roby17269 wrote:

Let me tell you, when I started I was trying to get zooms with the goal of completely covering the widest possible focal length range. Then I moved into fashion photography and converted to primes.

Roberto,

I just looked at your website, and your photos are amazing!

But the 8-15 is a specialty lens with fun factor and the 70-200 is probably the best zoom in Canon's line-up with prime-like quality.

Similarly in Nikon, the 70-200 is a great zoom.

In reality, I am not dogmatic and evaluate lenses one-by-one...

That is the best way.  I hope to have a selection that includes both zooms and primes.  Just have to be careful because I don't want to spend too much all at once!

The only issue with the 200 being the risk of my wife divorcing me

Surely your wife will keep you?!!!  Especially when the 200mm makes a difference in your success as a fashion photographer...

In the same way, I have to build my lens collection gradually and smartly so my husband will hardly notice!

Thanks so much for your comments.

Susan

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

GreenMountainGirl

GreenMountainGirl's gear list:GreenMountainGirl's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow