Where's the "G" or Zeiss standard zoom?

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 10,103Gear list
Like?
Re: Where's the "G" or Zeiss standard zoom?
In reply to Lattimer, Mar 28, 2013

Lattimer wrote:

You raise a valid point.  Indeed the kit lens has been my go to lens on my last couple of trips, and will probably be again on this one.  My photography skills and post processing skills both could use a lot of work...

Most of our vacation pics have been quite satisfactory.  It's not that I'm dissatisfied with them, but its part of my personality to continually try and improve upon things.

IMO, even if you believe that, photography skills will continue to develop for all of us. However, it is the second part of your point that I feel you could avoid. If you don’t like your post-processing skills, assume that you do. If you don’t use RAW, use RAW + JPEG. Store RAW for a re-visit at a later date. You may want to, may be as a learning tool, or even to develop more awesome images that you didn’t believe you could capture.

And if you rely on JPEGs today, my recommendation will be to use “weak” high ISO settings. Use hand held twilight etc for high ISO pictures (you won’t get RAW with those, however).

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow