First Impression on NX300 (unpacked)

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,779Gear list
Like?
Re: First Impression on NX300 (unpacked)
In reply to tjobbe, Mar 28, 2013

tjobbe wrote:

I had the chance to attach an OM Zuiko via Adapter to the NX300 and I got a shock&awe when I hit OK first time

Nothing, no sign of peakingĀ 

Having done Software QA for a long time ago I started systematically by changing settings that had nothing to do with PeakingĀ  The technique know as "what the hell is the QA guy doing" or "press any key"

Two things to consider:

When you are not able to select the strength of the peaking/contrast you do not get ANY peaking. So how to get there ?

I did swap RAW to SF once and the menue item was suddenly selectable and with the actication of the magnifier on OK you as well get the contrast peaking !

So yes: it work but I would ask the developer to check his code and apply patch !!!!

Cheers, Tjobbe

I would start a new thread with this "NX300 Focus Peaking Bug" or something and mention what you do to fix it, and maybe developer will see it too

Also, could it be that you have to be in a JPEG mode (maybe try RAW+) to get focus peaking?  This wouldn't make sense, as I would guess it uses the video stream, but just checking.

Eric

-- hide signature --

I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object
be what it may - light, shade, and perspective will always make it
beautiful. - John Constable (quote)
See my Blog at: http://www.erphotoreview.com/ (bi-weekly)
Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28177041@N03/ (updated daily)

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX1 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow